Macrothink Institute (Twitter) is a relatively new private organization and scholarly publisher. It aims at significantly contributing to scientific developments through digital journals. Unlike their paper-based counterparts, digital journals are efficient, inexpensive and eco-friendly. Digitalized journals also enable the institute to share researchers’ ideas across the globe through itsopen access journal publishing system.
What is Open Access Journal Publishing
Open access is the practice of allowing unrestricted access via the Internet to scholarly journals and peer-reviewed research. By implementing this system, Macrothink Institute offers 20 journal titles categorized under four sections: Biology and Medicine, Economics and Management, Sciences and Engineering, and Social Sciences and Humanities. Some titles available are:
- Journal of Agricultural Studies
- Journal of Applied Biotechnology
- Journal of Management Research
- Aquatic Science and Technology
- Network Protocols and Algorithms
- International Journal of English Language Education
- Journal of Sociological Research
To access any of these, head to the Institute’s official website and click on the journal you want to read followed by the article of your choice. You will then be able to read the material’s abstract to decide whether the article’s PDF is worth viewing or downloading.
New materials are added to the journal regularly. The institute collects and archives the materials but only after carefully processing them and ensuring that they conform to author guidelines.
The Benefits of Macrothink’s Open Access Journal Publishing System
The journal publisher’s decision to implement an open access journal system offers numerous benefits to students, scientists and educators alike. Here are the top advantages of this software.
- Free Access to Knowledge – Macrothink’s strong sense of responsibility has pushed it to counter the ‘serials crisis’, which is a problem libraries across the world face as they cut down their journal subscriptions to keep within their budgets. By offering free access to its journals, it helps researchers and educators get the latest information without affecting their affiliated institute’s funds.
- Easier Access – You can retrieve publications easily since they’re easy to catch through regular and specialized search engines such as Google and OAIster. Once you find these, you can search for text within the articles, saving your time and effort during research.
- Multiple Benefits for Authors – Despite having to pay for publishing their research, authors benefit the most from this system. Not only do they get to share their research and findings with a wider base, but digitalizing their materials also helps detect plagiarism during early stages. This spares them from having to write retractions or publish corrections.
Now the opponents of open access may be against this, especially since they believe that such journals lack quality. However, the Macrothink Institute uses the CrossCheck plagiarism checking tool and employs skilled reviewers to check submitted yet unpublished documents.
Macrothink Institute is a serious and rigorous publisher that aims at helping the researchers community in Canada and the world. Therefore, don’t hesitate to log onto its website and check the list of journals it has to offer.